Intuitive Eating Deconstructed:
Reclaim your life back from diet culture ~ feel confident in your body without dieting.
10 week online group program
Join the waitlist!
Starts: August 12th 2021
Are you ready to find peace and freedom from food and weight worries?
Are you ready to live your badass Truth without apology?
Are you done feeling isolated and want to join a community of like-minded Warriors?
Good! Because I created this program just for YOU!
The 10 week Intuitive Eating Deconstructed Program
Starts Thursday August 12th, 2021
Free yourself from the restrict-binge cycle of eating.
Restore trust with your body to feel confident to know what, when and how much to eat without and guilt.
Reclaim your birthright to have a pleasurable~normal~ joyful relationship to food.
Learn strategies to loosen the grip of the internal critic aka Food Police.
Learn how to decode your non-hunger food cravings and find more effective ways to nourish yourself that work better than food.
Move from body hate to body neutrality.
Begin to accept and feel at home in your body.
Increase your mindfulness, self-compassion and coping skills.
Set boundaries, quit people-pleasing and the ‘compare’ and ‘despair’ game.
Learn ‘gentle nutrition’ guidelines to make meal planning easy without falling back into diet mentality.
Shift from exercise punishment or exercise burn out to sustainable joyful movement.
Reconnect with your divine feminine, step into your power, reclaim your life and freedom back.
Karen gave me lots of tools ...
so I can learn to trust myself and my body again
I am no longer "afraid" of food
My work with Karen is nothing short of life-changing;
I am so grateful to finally feel free – SP
"I am free from food and weight obsession."
and not letting food run my life- CC
Karen taught me how to re- learn how to eat when I’m hungry,
and stop when I’m full; I enjoy eating again! – TC
“Darling, I never step on the scale, because the scale doesn’t measure sexy.”
~Bella Dolce ~
Intuitive Eating Deconstructed
- 10 week group coaching that meets once a week for 1 hour via video.
- Group is held every THURSDAY at 5:30PM PST – our next group begins August 12th, 2021 and runs through October 19th, 2021
- Groups are held on a secure video platform Zoom. You need a computer or your smart phone to meet.
- You will gain access to private FB group for ongoing support & community between sessions and after group has concluded at the end of the 10 weeks.
- Groups sizes will be kept to a small number of women to foster a safe, effective, and intimate environment.
Week 1: Unpack the problem: Diet Culture
- Challenge the health and wellness BS that is diet culture: debunking BMI, healthism, “healthy eating” etc.
- Create your own health and wellness goals that are not fear based.
- Learn strategies so you can break free of your self-sabotaging patterns- restrict-binge cycle of eating.
- Learn how to change your mindset so it’s not set to default diet mentality mode.
Week 2: Restore Trust with your Body
- Learn tools and practices to reconnect you to physical hungers.
- Identify emotional and symbolic cravings and how to decode and feed these hungers.
- Feel confident around how much, what and when to eat.
- Feel connected and in control of your body’s hungers and desires.
Week 3: Make Peace with Food.
- Learn to work with all foods so that it becomes JUST food and loses its power over you.
- End the cycle of mindless overeating.
- Experience eating without guilt, self doubt and worry of weight gain.
- Reclaim your birthright to have a pleasurable relationship to food.
Week 4: Arrest your Inner Food Police!
- Learn and practice strategies to loosen the grip of the internal critic aka Food Police.
- Find new methods to access to your inner wise compassionate self to re- parent yourself.
- Learn cognitive behavioral techniques (CBT) to replace the automatic negative thoughts to ones that are more empowering.
Week 5: Discover Fullness, Pleasure and Satisfaction with Eating.
- Identify barriers that make it difficult to stop eating.
- Experience how to fully embody this sensation so it feels safe to stop eating when your body says so (not your mind!).
- Reclaim your birthright to enjoy all foods with pleasure and satisfaction instead of feeling guilt or worry about weight gain.
- Mindful Eating 101: learn the fundamentals of mindful eating to break out of the mindless overeating cycle.
Week 6: How to Make Friends with your Feelings.
- Learn how to make it safe to feel ALL your feelings without distracting yourself with self destructive behaviors.
- Create your own road map on how to cope with feelings without turning to food/behaviors.
- Emotional eating 101: learn how to decode your non-hunger food cravings to find more effective ways to nourish yourself that work better than food.
Week 7: Body Image Reboot: Stop Blaming your Body!
- Learn what “Health at Every Size” is all about so you can finally stop stressing about your weight and health.
- Body decoding: learn about your weight loss fantasy and how to unhook from this illusion.
- Find out how to overcome fear of weight gain, how to decode feelings “fat,” and overcome body shame.
- Body appreciation- move from a place of harsh criticism to one of neutrality and peace.
Week 8: Radical Self- Care & Boundaries
- Create your own daily self-care practice that takes you from feeling defeated and overwhelmed to feeling confident and happy.
- Learn how to feel grounded and safe in your body so that you can embody pleasure and relaxation.
- Boundaries 101: set boundaries, find your assertive voice, let go of external validation and people pleasing.
- Find out what to do and say when other people make comments about your weight and food.
- Feel confident in your ability to unhook from the ‘compare’ and ‘despair’ game.
Week 9: Gentle Nutrition Basics & Joyful Movement.
- Meal planning basics and gentle nutrition education to restore your metabolism and recalibrate your internal hunger/fullness cues.
- Creat your own template of eating that provides safety, permission and restores any nutrient imbalance and choatic eating patterns.
- Unpack exercise resistance and exercise addiction.
- Re-define what “healthy” is.
- Re-connect with the pleasures of moving your Earth Suit so you can find ways to move that are sustainable and don’t lead to burn out.
Week 10: BONUS: Reclaiming Your Divine Feminine.
- Learn how the patriarchy silences the feminine, and over-values the masculine.
- Learn how to restore the balance between your inner masculine and your inner feminine.
- Find ways to allow the feminine to feel safe and receive pleasure.
- Strengthen and deepen access to your intuitive powers by reclaiming your relationship to the your divine feminine.
Intuitive Eating Deconstructed
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR YOU IF:
- You are new to intuitive eating and want to learn the 10 principals in a supportive online community.
- You have been practicing IE for awhile but seem to be stuck with letting go of the diet mentality or body image hangups.
- You know you don’t want to diet anymore, but you can’t seem to let go of the desire to lose weight and this holds you back from true food and body freedom.
- You want to take a deeper dive into the root causes of your body image struggles.
- You’re over how much time and energy you waste obsessing about food and your body.
- You are ready to learn how to embody peace and pleasure and to finally come home to your body.
This program is NOT for you if:
- You have an active eating disorder.
- You want to lose weight with a diet and are not ready to explore the underlying issues.
- You are not ready to begin a self-care practice and prioritize yourself.
Also please know that this is a coaching group and does not constitute nor serve as a substitute for behavioral health treatment and/or therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When time does the program start and what are the dates?
The program starts on August 12th and meets every THURSDAY until October 19th. We meet LIVE at 5:30PM PST for 10 weeks. We take one week off for integration.
If you can’t make the live meeting, it will be recorded for you to watch later.
How are the live meetings structured? Will I get one to one time?
Laser coaching allows you to bring your own questions to the group and Karen will coach you individually within the group. Each member can participate in laser coaching but it’s optional.
What is the time requirements for the program?
Can I complete this course at my own pace?
What if I want to lose weight?
I’m struggling with an eating disorder, can I take this course?
How much is the program? And are there payment plans?
The early bird price is $447. The price will go up $250 on Monday July 19th to $697. Payment plans are available and are three payments of $218 .
I will be donating a percentage of profits to The Power of Girlhood. This amazing organization mentors Black girls to find their voice so they can be our leaders of the future!
Is there refund policy? Cancellation policy?
Cancellations made more than seven days out for the group program start date will be fully refundable. Cancellations made less than seven days out from start day, but prior to the second group session, will be eligible for a 50 percent refund. Cancellations made after the second group sessions are non-refundable.
I currently offer in-person sessions in the San Francisco, Oakland, and Napa California areas. I am available for virtual sessions around the world.